In the last entry, I shared walnut sweep Miso saucb recipe.
This is one of my fav way to use the sauce
1 sheet of Abura-age
2 Tablespoons of Kurumi Miso (sweet walnuts miso sauce)
1 spring onion, chopped finely
1. If you live in Japan and can find this, please use this Abura-bge (pre-fried Tofu).
Abura-age is normally thin, but this “Tochio no Abura-age” (from Tochio region ) it’s much thicker, about
Make slit in the middle of Abura-age.
2. place Miso sauce and chopped spring onion.
3. Grill it in toaster for about 10mins.
Cut into 4 pieces and serve it
Please adjust the Miso amount depends on the thickness of Abura-age.
This is one of my most favorite preservetive food – Kurumi Miso.
It’s sweet Miso sauce which is good as rice topping, or the sauce for cooked vegetable.
100g Roasted walnuts, chopped into rough pieces
1 cup of brown (regular) Miso
3/4 cup of sugar
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 Tbs. of sesame oil
- Place sesame oil in a pan then pan-fry the chopped spring onion until soft.
Add all walnuts then cook for few minutes.
3. Add sugar in the pan then mix well. When all the sugar mixed with the ingredients, add Miso paste. Keep mixing and cook the paste with mideum heat until it became sticky.
(After it cools down, it became harder so you stop cooking when it’s smooth but a little sticky)
You can keep this paste in fridge for about 3weeks.
This paste is like Miso paste, very salty, あso I keep the paste in a jar and use small amount for seasoning cooked rice, grilled eggpland, grilled Abura-age (pre-fried tofu), Tofu, rice cake, boiled popato etc.