This recipe is for you when you’re busy! It takes about only 10-15 minutes in totall
I love meat ball, but sometimes crave for something lighter, and I make it at such time!
Ingredients (2 servings):
200g ground meat
1/2 pack of Tofu
10 Shiso leaves, cut into strips
A pinch of salt
2 Tbs. of soy sauce
2 Tbs. of Mirin
1. Dry Tofu with paper towel well. Mix meat, Tofu, egg, Shiso and salt by hand well.
Separate into four, Make thick meat patty shape.
- Pan-fry for few minutes for both sides, place a lid, steam for about 3-5 minutes.
(The patty is very soft, so please don’t touch during cooking)
- Take out the lid, pour soy sauce and Mirin in the pan, keep cooking for another few minutes to thicken the sauce.
When I teach Japanese salad in my class, many people are surprised that the dressing is dry, and we don’t use oil normally.
I introduce Shira-ae (salad with Tofu dressing) today, It’s very healthy, but you can enjoy rick texture because of the Tofu for this salad
1 pack of Tofu
(A) 1.5 Tbs. soy sauce
(A) 2 Tbs. sesame paste(or plain penuts paste)
(A) 1.5 Tes. sugar
1 pack of spinach
1 pack of Shimeji mushroom
- Drain the water from Tofu (until it became half amount). Place Tofu and all the (A)s in the food processer then mix well.
- Sautee Shimeji mushroom with 3Tbs. of water and a pinch of salt until there’s no liquid in a pan.
- Boil the spinach in boiled water for about 20secs. then cool it down with cold water. Drain the water well and cut into 3-4cm pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
This Tofu dressing is very suit to many kinds of tegetable or fruits, so please use something seasonal at your local place
It’s one of my favorite dish- Mochi-Kinchaku
If you’re Mochi lover, it’s the dish for you <3 It’s good for your branch, Lunch, and your Dinner.
We use Abura-age (pre-fried Tofu) and stuff with Mochi inside.
Mochi absorb all the Dashi flavor, very yummy, hope you like the taste!
2 sheets of Abura-age (pre-fried Tofu)
(A) 1.5 Tablespoons of Sugar
(A) 1.5 Tablespoons of soy sauce
(A) 1.5 Tablespoons of Mirin
(A) 200cc of Dashi
4 piece of Dried Mochi (rice cake)…. Today I used brown rice Mochi, but you can use regular Mochi of course
40cm of Kanpyo
- Spak the Kanpyo in the water. Cut the Abura-age in half. Boil the water and place the Abura-age for 1 minute. Drain the water. Open the Abura-age to make it into bag. Place Mochi in the bag then tie with Kanpyo strip.
- Place all the (A) and Abura-age in a pan and cook for about 20 minutes. (with dropped-lid).
- Place them on the serving plate with some boiled vegetable.